Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thoughts on Salvation and Judgment

Today I've been thinking about salvation. What is salvation, or, better, what does that mean to me, to others when we say it? I was also thinking about judgement. I feel very calm and confident in my heart that there will be a day of judgment in which the Creator and Ruler of all will speak a word of truth about our lives. Only God knows that truth.

I was also thinking that I didn't feel that I would be deserving of either a great punishment or a great reward for my life. Sometimes I feel God is going to say about me: "You didn't do great, but you didn't do that badly either. I am pleased that you had the chance to live on the earth. Go, take your rest in the earth." Now, for those who didn't have anything to eat, no chance at joy, and meaning in life, who still endured it all. Well, for them, I hear: "Come into my kingdom, my good and faithful servants who lived so long in misery. Enter into my joy."

That's what I am thinking about the truth of my life, but as I said, "only God knows that truth."

No comments:

Post a Comment