Saturday, June 12, 2010

Being Thankful

A spirit of gratitude is with me as I start this day. It is Saturday morning, and I am thinking about so many things. I am remembering so many good things about my growing up and about my parents. I am proud of my Mom and Dad. Everywhere they went, they made friends, and really brightened other peoples lives.

It really struck me again last night as I visited my mother that she is such a positive person that it really spreads to those around her. Mom has always been that way. People enjoy being around her. If I go to a local bank or business or anywhere, and someone there knows my Mom, they say: "O, you're Kay's son!" And, then I get treated like I'm from the "royal family" or something. And, that's the way people are wherever I meet them about my Mom or Dad.

It is a good thing to leave a legacy like that behind you in your life. It is a path for your family to walk in. It makes them proud inside, the way I am proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment