Thursday, September 16, 2010

10 minutes until court starts

I was thinking as I walked into the Justice Center a few minutes ago that I am glad I have this job as an Assistant Public Defender. It is a good thing to have some work to do that you know how to do, and then to go do it. Having work gives a certain grounding to life. I think it has something to do with the inner need to do something, to create something, to accomplish something that needs doing.

When we "work," it brings a certain sanity and sense into life.

I feel deeply sorry for those who cannot find any work in this world. That is a very depressing thing to face. I guess there is always some work that needs doing, but I am talking about those who can't find a job that will pay them and help them support themselves and others dependent upon them. That is another deep inner drive: to support oneself and those who are dependent on you.

Work. Well, I am looking forward to being off from work for two weeks next month, but I am still grateful to have some work worth doing and that I know how to do. I am not always this grateful about work, but I think I am a little "clearer-headed and hearted" today than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment