Tuesday, October 5, 2010

If I Could Only Tell the Truth!

If I could only tell the truth, I could really put some things on this blog that would be worth reading. If I could tell the truth about how much unfairness I see in a regular work week, and how much injustice I have gotten used to overlooking to be able to do my job. If I could tell you how callous I have become to the pain of others, and how I am amazed at how good and merciful and holy others are like Mother Teresa, Nelson Mandela, who have truly borne the pains and trouble of others and kept their bouyant spirit. If I could really write the truth and express from my heart what it is like to try to walk in faith and come up against barriers of hatred, arrogance, sadistic abuse of authority. If I could write about the worst of all barriers - the pettiness and emptiness within.

But, I can't write about those things on this blog. Because, well, you can't tell the truth in this world except to one or two or maybe three people, if you are lucky. And, I am lucky.

My friend, Mack, and I sat around talking over many things yesterday. We talked about some of those things I mentioned above that can't be written about on this blog. And, we talked until we reached a point of feeling like we had both heard each other and spoken to each other about some important things. I guess I am very fortunate that Mack is my "boss." I am certainly grateful for that. That is one truth I can write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment